Thursday, February 23, 2006

The Inaugural Post

I want to avoid the enormous pressure one may feel when starting a new blog; the pressure to say something profound or present the blog's theme in some grand poetic statement. I have enough pressure in my life already and I don't need to pile on anything else.

So...I'm just going to start.

It snowed and then rained a little yesterday. I work at home and rolled up the roman shade in my office and watched the big flakes come down. There is a peace I find in watching snow fall that I can't really equate to anything else. It's like, with each flake, God is saying, "shh, rest." I get lost in it sometimes and I love it. It inspires me to search out moments of quiet and reflection that normally would get steamrolled by one of a million tasks that need my attention. But yesterday was good; I took that moment...and it was with me the rest of the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home