Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Walk


We went on our usual walk today after work, but this time I took my camera and we decided to get off the beaten path a little. We got to explore! It was just like I remember when I was a little kid. There were streams and fallen trees and mud and all sorts of good stuff. Here in the midst of the nonstop development of northern VA, we found some woods that were as of yet untouched by "progress". I loved exploring as a kid and today I was back at it like I hadn't missed a day; jumping from rock to rock to get across a stream, getting tangled in vines, crunching through leaves and twigs. Sometimes I don't even realize how hectic life can get until I take a moment and step outside of it. It was a rough day at work with lots of issues and a few fires to put out; I was grumpy and mentally exhausted. But a 45 minute walk through those woods and I was refreshed. I got my spirit back.

-a couple more photos from the walk here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chiquita Banana said...

Somehow, in my mind's eye, I can see that little kid, stomping and rustling through the woods. I'm glad it worked. :o)

I bet your wife had a blast too.

3/02/2006 05:31:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's with the picture of you?
I didn't see "Blair Witch Project" on your list of favorite movies. :)

3/03/2006 09:04:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home