Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Why, Charlie, Why?


Charlie Sheen joins the ranks of the conspiracy theorists. I won't comment too much about it because what he said pretty much speaks for itself. Charlie did an interview with Alex Jones; who introduced him as a guy who, "really knows what's going on on the planet." Right there you know what side of the aisle Jones sits. Doesn't it seem strange that Sheen went on an ultra left-wing program to get out this extremely important, mainstream belief, on what "really" happened on 9/11? Oh, wait, that's the only place he would last more than 10 seconds without getting laughed off the air. Let's look at some quotes shall we?

""It seems to me like 19 amateurs with box cutters taking over four commercial airliners and hitting 75% of their targets, that feels like a conspiracy theory. It raises a lot of questions." [...]

"There was a feeling, it just didn't look any commercial jetliner I've flown on any time in my life and then when the buildings came down later on that day I said to my brother 'call me insane, but did it sorta look like those buildings came down in a controlled demolition'?"

"By remaining at a location [Booker Elementary] where it was publicly known the President would be before 9/11, he was not only putting his own life in danger, but the lives of hundreds of schoolchildren. That is unless the government knew for sure what the targets were beforehand and that President Bush wasn't one of them."

"It might lead you to believe that he'd [Bush] seen similar images in some type of rehearsal as it were, I don't know."

"We're not the conspiracy theorists on this particular issue.""

When I first heard this audio, I thought it was a joke. Seriously, I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I wonder if the cast and crew of Two and a Half Men will have the right to sue Sheen for tanking the show and being the sole reason they all lose their jobs when the show is cancelled due to the inevitable ratings dive. You can't make this kind of material up. Maybe National Lampoon will pick up the movie rights to this story; it would make a great screwball comedy. I wonder if Charlie will play himself.
You can listen to the interview
here.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!

"Why, Charlie, Why?"
I can understand your sentiment. He was always so level-headed before...
ppft... ppt... HA HA HA HA HA!!

3/23/2006 08:38:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every one of those articles is by the same person. Is it only Dr. Griffin and Charlie Sheen that hold this view? Or is Dr. Griffin the only one with any credibility that holds this view? Or is Dr. Griffin the only one that can write?

It certainly seems like an actor and a professor at a school in LA would know better what happened on 9/11 than the people who were there.

Conspiracy theories are so dumb.

3/23/2006 02:49:00 PM  
Blogger bk said...

I can read all of the articles and it still doesn't mean it is true. I have read a quite a few articles on this and none of them pan out. They are compelling, and a lot of people buy it, because they focus ona couple of questionable details. The real brilliance of these articles is how they they get the reader to focus on a couple of specific details and hook them before they even think to look at the big picture. Sorry, but a few strange, and I admit interesting, anomalies ultimately fail to support an overall argument. Also, I know about David Ray Griffin and, in my mind, he qualifies as another one of the "credible" sources the media loves to parade around. There are plenty of articles that systematically destroy his theories on 9/11. Try this one:

http://www.publiceye.org/conspire/Post911/dubious_claims.html

3/23/2006 02:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BK - Stop writing such well thought out comments. You make mine look bad. "Conspiracy theories are dumb" is the best I've got. :)

3/23/2006 03:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home